Frequently Asked Questions
Ultrasound Preparation Instructions.>
No prep is required for the following exams:
- Breast Ultrasound
- Arterial Ultrasound
- Venous Ultrasound
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Soft Tissue Ultrasound
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Transvaginal Only Ultrasound
The Comprehensive Muscular Activity Profiler (CMAPPro) is a combination of hardware and software that captures information about the interactivity of muscles and nerves while a patient is in motion. This medically advanced technology quantifies neuromuscular activity and shows distinct patterns correlating with soft tissue injury pathology.
An evidence-based assessment tool, CMAPPro:
- Gathers objective data to augment practitioners’ clinical expertise
- Captures the activity and function of specific muscle and nerve groups
- Ensures accuracies and consistencies of data collection and analysis through standardized protocols
- Generates dynamic considerations to complement static tests such as MRIs, CT scans and X-rays
- Features non-invasive and non-loading assessments
This is a test that your physician may order for further evaluation of any numbness, tingling or progressive weakness that you may be experiencing in your extremities. The testing is performed by a IUI clinician with specialized training. The testing usually takes between 20-60 minutes to complete depending on the thoroughness and extent of the exam and the problem being evaluated.
Some common reasons that your physician may order the Comprehensive Muscular Activity Profiler testing for include: pinched nerves in your neck or back, carpal tunnel syndrome, peripheral neuropathy, sciatica, and numbness or weakness of an arm or leg, and muscle tears or weakness.. The testing can provide information on the presence or absence of nerve injury, as well as the extent, location, and duration of the injury. This information can then be used to accurately diagnose a problem and direct proper treatment.